With not a little experimentation I finally got CAPTCHA and reCAPTCHA to work on DonTai.com. CAPTCHA presents a test that humans can pass but spambots cannot. reCAPTCHA builds on CAPTCHA and rpesents the commenter with 2 words, which must be typed in. They are great to prevent spam. OpenID is another way to login. You set an account up, then add an OpenID to your account. Login to your OpenID authenticator, then login to dontai.com, type in your authenticator, and then you're approved. No more duplicate ID and password.
Website Update: reCAPTCHA and OpenID installed
BBC Tech ⬈
NYT Tech ⬈
- Work Friend: I Am Begging You to Stop Sleeping With Your Co-Workers
- After Yellow Vests Come Off, Activists in France Use Facebook to Protest and Plan
- Apple Will Update iPhones in China to Avoid a Ban on Sales
- Facebook Says Bug Opened Access to Private Photos
- The Shift: How YouTube’s Year-in-Review ‘Rewind’ Video Set Off a Civil War
Global Voices ⬈
- Crackdown in Beijing: ‘Using Twitter is more dangerous than street demonstrations’
- British national urges UK to ban Chinese state TV over role in forced confession
- How will Google plug into China’s all-encompassing internet censorship regime?
- Made-in-China fake news overwhelms Taiwan
- Winning Taiwanese director calls for independence at the Chinese Oscars