Of course to use QZone you need to know Chinese enough to get around. You also need Chinese friends that have QZones. QQ runs on Windows, Mac or Android. To see a QZone you need to have QQ and link from QQ.
I tried saving to .PSB and opening it in Gimp, but Gimp did not recognize the file type. ImageMagick also did not recognize the file type. .PSB is supposedly large size Photoshop format.
So how does my browser display it, I wondered. There must be a way. Here’s how to save the file down to the standard .jpg format:
- View the image in the QQ image viewer
- right click, “Inspect element”
- In the right side inspection screen will display the tag “img src”. Right click on this.
- Select “Copy link address”
- paste this link address into a new browser window
- You will see a long URL. In the middle will be “dIUBAAAAAAAA”, then “&ek” and the ending. Highlight and delete everything after the 8 As
- Hit enter and your browser will render the image. Right click and save as standard .jpg format. The saved image will be the correct size in .jpg format.
- Close the right side “Inspect element’ window
- Close the QQ image viewer
2018 Sept 03 QQ, the grandaddy of China’s social media scene, gains new life by appealing to Generation Z